Monday, February 19, 2018

Black Panther

Black Panther was amazing. I loved it. I don't think I could have enjoyed it more. I was so excited to see it. As a Walking Dead fan, I was excited to see Danai Gurira as Okoye. She was badass. She was tough, intelligent, and loyal. She was multidimensional, not just T'Challa's general, but also his friend. Okoye had her own life beyond that of serving the king. Danai Gurira was just amazing. I loved the Queen Mother and Nakia too. For me though, the stand out was Shuri. She is a genius. She is young, but I bet should would give Tony Stark a run for his money. I loved her relationship with T'Challa. They teased each other just like siblings would. They love each other, support each other, and would to anything for each other. It doesn't matter that they are the prince/king and princess. They are family.

T'Challa was amazing. He learned so much about himself and his family. He grew as a person and a leader. He is definitely the leader to take Wakanda into the future. Killmonger and Klaue were amazing villians. They were multidimensional, especially Killmonger. I had some mixed feelings about him, in a good way. 

The characters made this movie for me. Yes, the action was fantastic. I loved the fights, the chases, the explosions. The story was interesting, the plot was well-paced, with great reveals and subtle sub-plots. But the characters drove the story. Everyone from T'Challa, to Agent Ross, to M'Baku. I want more Black Panther. I'm excited to see some of the same characters in Infinity War, but I'd love to see another Black Panther movie. I'm not sure what it would be about, but I'm sure it would be great.

The Trailer (in case you haven't seen it).
https://youtu.be/xjDjIWPwcPU

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have fun! It's so awesome. I'd see it again.

      Delete
    2. Sadly I'm trying to decide if I was disappointed or very disappointed. I was expecting something different. What I got was more of the same superhero stuff which a largely black cast. I guess I'm just deflated after believing the hype.

      Maybe the next one will be better now that they've established everyone?

      Delete
    3. Sorry you didn't like it.

      Delete
  2. Danai Gurira, The Walking Dead, THAT'S where I recognized her from! In all the times watching trailers and such about Black Panther I keep thinking "She looks so familiar but can't place from where" and I realize it would have taken like 4 seconds of Googling but I didn't do that so THANK YOU. Need to see this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! She's so amazing. Her performance on yesterday's Walking Dead was pretty amazing too.

      Delete