Thursday, December 08, 2016

Blast From The Past #8 - Beautiful Lies

Apparently ten years ago in December I only blogged twice. A bit different from how my blogging habits grew, so it was a little unexpected. In the first half of the month, I read a book called Beautiful Lies, by Emilie Richards. I seemed to have had mixed feelings about it. It was a romance novel, that based on the previous post, I thought was okay. There were unexpected things that happened (apparently), and I always like that. Beyond what this post says, I have zero recollection of this book. I still own it, it's on my shelf, but if you had asked me before today I had read it, I might have said, no.

So I looked up the synopsis of the book and that is what I remember. I remember reading the synopsis and thinking it sounded kind of interesting and that I would give it a try. I think there's a boat in it too...

Do you remember every book you've ever read? I've read a lot, and I like to think that I at least vaguely remember what I've read. Some books I remember more than others, but if I've enjoyed it, the story aught to leave some kind of impression. Right? Though it would be hard to come up with a book that I have read, but forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. It's very rare for me to completely forget a book. Even bad books are memorable in their own way! I have, very occasionally, bought the same book twice but that's usually because of a reissue with a different cover and (sometimes) a different title....!! I can normally tell if I've read a book pretty much immediately. The problem is trying to remember if I already own a book I haven't read yet. Then I have to remember if I own it, it's on my Amazon Wish List or if I've only downloaded the cover on the off chance that I'll eventually buy it and review it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete