Thursday, September 01, 2016

Blast From The Past #2 - The ABC Murders

(AKA: Throwback Thursday)

I realized that while I definitely, totally want to look back at my blogging this year, doing it every week is going to be to hard. So, it'll be bi-weekly, maybe more often if I can swing it. Doing it bi-weekly though, gives me a bit better selection as to which posts from the past I'll be highlighting, as I was apparently not a "regular" poster back then. After looking at this week's post and last week's, I also did not add pictures to my posts. I don't know when I started doing that, but I'll likely be finding out as I take this journey.

Approximately 10 years ago, I read The ABC Murders, by Agatha Christie. This was my second book by Christie, having read Murder on the Orient Express the fall before. I also read this on my honeymoon, per the post. There was also a big twist at the end, which I don't remember. I remember remember really liking the post. I remember other chracters underestimating Poirot. Maybe The ABC Murders is another book I'll have to re-read.

When I looked back to figure out which post to highlight this week, it left me in a "Christie" sort of mood. I read two other books by her since this post and I own a fifth. Why haven't I read the fifth book after so many years? I have no idea. Too many books, not enough time? So, I pulled Appointment with Death off my shelf and I'm a couple of chapters in. I'm excited to see what's going to happen with this family and how the woman and French doctor are involved. From what I remember about Christie, she does not introduce characters lightly. I also like that looking back at the past influenced what I was going to read now.

2 comments:

  1. I have a great fondness for Christie and am intending to read all of the Miss Marple series in publication order. She's a delight to read and is just *so* English that it's like wearing comfortable slippers with a cup of cocoa in your hand wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie is wonderful. I haven't read any Marple yet, only Poirot.

      Delete