Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Strain

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/The Strain television series is making it's way to FX (and FX Canada) this summer.  I've had The Strain sitting on my shelf for quite some time.  I don't know why I hadn't read it.  With the television show premiere date fast approaching I figured I aught to read it right now.  I don't know why I waiting so long.  The Strain was more than I expected.  It was dark, gruesome without being overly gory.  It reached for my emotions with a stinger.

I loved Eph.  Everything about him.  A scientist, a healer, a father and a vampire hunter.  He was a fantastic main character.  I can't wait to see what he does next.  I'd also like to see what Nora does next.  I feel like she wasn't developed enough and she only existed to deepen Eph's angst.  A few of the characters were like that.  They either existed for Eph or for Setrakian.  I loved Setrakian's story. Holocaust survivor and vampire hunter.  He had a cool basement.

The Strain was creepy, tense and. great flow to the whole story with characters that you care about. I was in the novel's grip.  I wanted to know what happened next.  Too many nights I stayed up because I just had to finish "one more page".  What happened when the flight came down, seemed so real.  If a strain was going to be let loose on a city, they would do it this way.  I'm so excited to read The Fall, which I have... staring at me right now with its red and black eyes....


No comments:

Post a Comment