Friday, May 02, 2014

My Basil Plant


This is my new basil plant. I saw it at the grocery store, sitting among the fruit and vegetables.  I've always wanted to grow my own fresh herbs and the plants were one sale, so I bought it. Then it sat. For over a week. I didn't use it for anything. I started to wonder how I would ever use it. Now I've used it twice.  Once to add a little flavour to a sandwich.  Mozzarella, chicken and spinach, with a little fresh basil.  I was pleased with myself.  Then, I used it for a bocconcini and tomato salad.  Yum.  I also made my own balsamic vinaigrette.  It came out great.  

Maybe I'll get more plants!

3 comments:

  1. I have a basil plant that I've had I guess over a year now. It doesn't look nearly as nice as yours! I go through periods where I'm like "dammit, I need to use up all this basil quick" and then right after that I realize "damn, I'm out of basil".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo is from the day after I bought it. It is already looking a little wilty. I hope to be able to keep it alive for a year.

      Delete