Friday, April 25, 2014

The Dream Thieves

I couldn't resist Maggie Stiefvater's second book in The Raven Cycle. The Dream Thieves was captivating. It shifted focus of the story to Ronan, Gansey's oldest friend among the group. We continue to get chapters with Blue, Gansey, some much needed time with Adam, and, like The Raven Boys, the villain. The Dream Theives, however feels like Ronan's book. I wonder if the other books will shift focus again, which I would like.

Ronan is a wonderful character. He is unique and complex. He even has a twist at the end, just to make things even more complicated. Though we learn so much about Ronan and his family, the novel still leaves me wondering about Declan. There is something we don't know about him yet.

I like that Blue's family and the boys are growing closer. There seems to be a member of Blue's family with an affinity for each of the boys. Calla is for Ronan, Persephone for Adam. Orla is bit for all of them though.... Who gets Noah? It's an interesting contrast of the teenage boys and the adult women. I wonder how things will play out with Mr. Grey and Butternut...

There are a lot of questions still. I'm excited for The Raven Cycle to continue. The growth of the world, the changes in the characters, are intriguing. I'm itching to know what happens next. I'm also very interested in reading Steifvater's other books. I'll be on the lookout, though, for the release of the yet to be titled Raven Cycle #3

No comments:

Post a Comment