Sunday, March 23, 2014

Undead and Undermined


***Spoilers if you haven't read the previous nine books - though I'll try to be vague.***

Though I want to throw all kinds of love at the book, typing the the title of the post has me thinking... How is Betsy undermined in Undead and Undermined? By Laura?  Certainly not by Sinclair or Tina (not since the beginning of the series.)  Maybe by Marc?  By Garrett? Okay, maybe now I get the undermined. Sometimes it helps to see my thoughts in writing.

I'm really enjoying the way that the Undead series is going.  I know there are a lot of people who are not, but I think they're in the minority. If Betsy stayed the same ditz she was in Undead and Unwed the series would get stale.  Betsy is growing.  She's learning more about herself and what she's capable of. Asking for the shoes, the final confrontation with the Marc-Thing, her realization at the end about Laura, they are not the thoughts of Betsy in Undead and Unwed or even Betsy in Undead and Uneasy.  I was started to get annoyed with Betsy's behaviour too, how could she remain the same airhead for so long? That's probably why there is such a big gap between me reading book 7 and book 8. I know not everyone feels this way, but I'm glad MaryJanice Davidson is allowing Betsy to change. Betsy (and Davidson) still loves shoes, but I think Betsy is finally taking being the vampire queen seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment