Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sleepy Hollow

I'm slightly obsessed with the new television show, Sleepy Hollow.  I never intended to watch it.  I thought a time travelling Ichabod Crane sounded ridiculous.  I was wrong.  I was flicking though the channels when John Cho caught my eye.  You might know him from Harold and Kumar and Star Trek.  I stopped to see what he was doing.  The answer: Sleepy Hollow.  He is not the star of the show.  His character, however, is quite interesting.  The stars are Tom Mison (Ichabod Crane) and Nicole Beharie (Abbie Mills); they are lovely.  It also starts Orlando Jones, who is simply fantastic in his role as Captain Frank Irving.

I've had to wait a month for a new episode.  Now I'm getting one tomorrow, but from what I hear, there are only three more episodes in the season, with the show ending this month.  Really?  Why isn't the show going until the spring?  These shows with short seasons drive me crazy.  One of the things I really like is the blend between "monster of the week" and an over-arching story for the season.  Every monsters gets us towards the final goal, but many of the episodes can stand alone.  Sleepy Hollow has good mystery, a cast that's not bad to look at and great stories.  I hope the next three episodes are as great as I expect them to be and next season comes along quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment