Monday, July 29, 2013

The Wolverine


The Hubby and I saw The Wolverine over the weekend and it was great. There were a few surprises. The action was fantastic.  There were even a few scenes that made me squirm (don't drill there... Aahh!). I was a little hesitant, but I found that I really liked how they adapted Wolverine's time in Japan to follow the X-Men movie continuum. I really liked that the movie wasn't all CG and effects.  I liked the chase through Japan, fighting off Yakuza thugs and the interactions with ordinary people.

I loved Yukio.  She was so badass.  She kicks ass the way I love to see females in superhero movies kick ass.  She has skill and confidence.  I'm really (REALLY) hoping she's in Days of Future Past.  I couldn't get enough of her.

A quick note on the 3D; it's not really worth the extra money.  The movie was really good, but there wasn't anything really "3D" about it.  Nothing jumped out at the screen at me.  The 3D wasn't used as I've seen in other movies (like Star Trek).  So, while I recommend seeing The Wolverine, I also recommend saving a few dollars and just watching the regular version.

I think that more people haven't seen The Wolverine yet, because the first Wolverine movie was not good.  Forget that one.  The Wolverine really is nothing like Origins.  It's so much better.  It's more exciting and way less frustrating.  Also, stay for the extra scene "mid-credits", it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment