Thursday, June 20, 2013

Austen in August from Roof Beam Reader


I'm challenging myself... though not by very much.  Here it is, Austen in August from Roof Beam Reader.  It's a month of Jane Austen.  The challenge is to read as many of Austen's works and Austen-related work in the month of August.  I plan on (hope to) read Emma.  I've been wanting to read it for a while.  I also might read Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict which is the sequel/companion to Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict; I read that a few years ago.  I supposed by saying (posting) this, I'm committing myself to actually reading the book(s).  

I made a list this week of the books I plan on reading this summer.  It was a little all over the place and did  NOT include Emma.  I'll do it though, I'll read Emma and maybe some of those ten (twenty) books I listed.  That's a lot for me... Usually three months would only yield six to eight read books.

Am I off topic now?

Austen in August!  Do it!  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I'm ready for another great year with the wonderful Jane. I'm glad people get as excited as I do when this event comes around.

    And I'm glad so many people are planning to read Emma, since that's on my list for the event, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very encouraging to know so many people will be reading Emma at the same time as me.

      Delete