Monday, July 23, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises


The Dark Knights Rises was awesome!  It might be my favourite of the three Christopher Nolan/Christian Bale Batman movies.  This final film was a fantastic end onto the trilogy.  I thought all the actors were wonderful.  There was depth, change and surprises.  Certain things I predicted or foresaw as the story played out, but not in a bad way.  Other things were unexpected.

My hubby and I were surprised to see that the movie was rated PG.  We expected a PG-13 rating.  For a few minutes, I think we were concerned that a PG rating would mean the movie would somehow lack something.  It did.  Blood.  People got shot and stabbed (a lot), but there were never any bloody pools beneath the bodies.  You never saw exactly where the bullet holes were.  A gun was fired and someone fell.  That’s it.  I don’t think it took away from the story-telling though.  I didn’t even realize it until the movie was over.  I suppose by doing that (among other things I’m unaware of) they were able to keep the film PG.  Still, I’m not sure I’d take a five-year-old to see this movie.

There is so much I wish I could talk about, but it would spoil the movie.  I have to say that I loved the ending.  It was an end full of possibility.  It was an end I didn’t quite expect.  I know it isn’t exactly comic book accurate, but I think it stayed true to the version of Batman that Nolan and Bale created.

Side note:  If anyone wants to make spoiler filled comments below, I’d happily talk about anything in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment