Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Reads

I know it's late in the day, but I still want to get my list out there.  Today The Broke and The Bookish want to know, what are your top ten books to read around Halloween.  In no particular order:

1. Dracula, by Bram Stoker (*note:  currently reading)
2. Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, by Robert Louis Stevenson
4. Anything by Stephen King
5. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Seth Grahame-Smith & Jane Austen
6. Interview with a Vampire, by Anne Rice
7. The Sookie Stackhouse books, by Charlaine Harris
8. World War Z, by Max Brooks (*note:  planning on reading this soon)
9. Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood
10. How To Survive a Horror Movie, by Seth Grahame-Smith

I don't know how Seth got two books up there....

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy World War Z! I loved it. Such a terrifying description of what could happen to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how is Dracula? Are you enjoying it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, I'm totally looking forward to World War Z!

    Ahab, I'm enjoying Dracula. It's got a great dark, creapy quality.

    ReplyDelete