Monday, August 29, 2011

Sea of Swords


R.A. Salvatore’s Sea of Swords made me happy. I wanted to read something that would be exciting, hold my interest and not involve too much contemplation, since I would be reading this book in short spurts while taking care of my newborn. Sea of Swords did not disappoint. It had the characters I love coming together and adventuring. There was great build up and a great conclusion. Salvatore gave me everything I wanted and expected from one of his Legend of Drizzt novels.

I don’t really have time to write too much more. I just wanted to get my feelings/impressions up. This isn’t my first Salvatore book and it won’t be my last. My husband has been “encouraging” me to read the series more quickly so I’m caught up with him. I think there are nine books after this one that are currently published. I’m expecting another one, if not two, to be published next year. When will I catch up to him? Maybe before the end of my maternity leave, but I’m not making any promises.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see another girl reading this series. I think Salvatore does a good job at creating female characters in male dominated genre.

    ReplyDelete