Monday, February 28, 2011

Report on Internet User, by: Andrew Pippos

My story this week once again comes from the Fifty-Two Stories website. I can’t really tell you anything about Andrew Pippos because there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information out there. He appears to have a Facebook profile, but it doesn’t really tell you anything.


I’m not really sure how to feel about Report on Internet User. It feels like a report. There aren’t really any proper pronouns. It’s a description of what the main character is doing. You feel sorry for him, but are also disgusted by him. He seems to be some kind of drug addict. Yet, you also feel sorry for the loss he’s suffered. I think he wishes he was a better person. I wonder if the fog at the end is a metaphor for the fog he lives in. It is another short, short story, but it’s not one I’d necessarily recommend.


Short Story Monday is hosted by John Mutford at the Book Mine Set.


3 comments:

  1. I think I'd enjoy the unique format. I'm not sure the deliberate vagueness would appeal to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a quick look at it, but I would actually like to read it. It sounds different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds interesting Loni. By that I mean it may be interesting because it is different. I'll have to take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete