Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Dark Knight

Everyone needs to go see The Dark Knight, if you haven't seen it already. It was dark and disturbing. The Dark Knight is an excellent telling of Batman's struggles with himself, his enemies and his city. There were parts where I actually needed to hold Craig's hand; I could see the danger coming. I know Harvey Dent's potential for darkness and I know the Joker's sneaky subterfuge. I was waiting for the betrayal of Gordon's men and wasn't disappointed.

Spoilers

The new suit was fantastic. Christian Bale was fantastic. Heath Ledger was creepy, the most insane version of the joker I think I've ever seen. You could tell from the Joker's final lines that they wanted the possibility of bringing the Joker back in future Batman movies. I loved Two-Face’s face. It was like many of the cartoons and comics I’ve seen. Scary and wonderfully raw; one of my favourite things. The Joker too, the makeup was crazy! Each suit, each costume for all the characters, was so precise and individual, I can’t help but be amazed by it.


Am I gushing yet? I think I might be. The Dark Knight is breaking records and it should. It really is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. You don’t need to have seen Batman Begins or really know anything about Batman to enjoy this movie. It exists for all movies lovers to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment