Monday, May 26, 2008

Ocean’s Thirteen

I loved the first two movies. They were funny, interesting and full of surprises. I found some of that lacking in their latest installment. It was still a clever story with an unexpected end. There is definite growth in each of the characters, most noticeably in Linus Caldwell (Matt Damon) and Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia). I also loved the Oprah cameo. Yet, there was no mystery. There was no replaying of the story from the beginning, letting us know about all the secret things that happened; what the group did to fool their opponent. Worst of all, I found it slow paced. I kept waiting for the action to pop, but it didn’t happen. As much as I love the actors in this movie, I found Ocean’s Thirteen did not compare to its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment