Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shrek The Third

I finally saw it… I really wanted to when it first came out in the theatres last summer, but, well, I didn’t. I heard mixed reviews. Now I know why.

It was a good movie. It was funny, but there were some parts that felt rushed. It was as if the movie was too eager to get to the end, as if it was forced. The movie was barely 1½hrs. It could have gone on a little longer and used that time to better develop the new characters.

It also lacked the same sweet kid value that the first two had. After all, it was initially designed as a kids’ movie with some hidden adult humour. I feel like that is all we got. I wanted that heartwarming kiddie feeling. I don’t know… I suppose I just thought the first two were better and Shrek The Third was just filled with star powered voices and surface comedy.

But I’d still recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment