Saturday, January 19, 2008

National Treasure: Book Of Secrets


National Treasure was exactly what I thought it would be. It was a mystery, a treasure hunt that took the audience to some interesting locations. It used real historical fact and combined it with fiction. Nicolas Cage did his thing. The girl was beautiful. John Voigt and Helen Mirren were fantastic. The sidekick was exactly what he ought to be. I enjoyed myself.

The one thing that I question slightly is the end. Would Mitch actually do that? Where did this redeeming quality come from? What were his true motivations? It makes me go, hmm….

I loved Bruce Greenwood as president. He was very personable and approachable. Why can’t the president be like that in real life? I really doubt that if someone like Cage’s character did what he did to the president, Mr. Bush would be so accommodating. Clinton may have thought it was funny, but Cage might have had to be a girl… I’m sorry, it’s just so easy to make fun of political leaders. Of course, I’m not sure Steven Harper would make out much better than Bush…. Tony Blair seems adventurous though……

No comments:

Post a Comment