Monday, June 18, 2007

Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer


SPOILERS

Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer was entertaining. I didn’t notice the two hours roll by. The fights were well done. The effects were good. I loved the wedding sequence. As a woman (and recent bride), I totally felt for Sue. The distinct personalities of the Four clash and fit together well.

They’ve all grown and matured. Each member of the team has really come into their rolls. We also get to watch the Silver Surfer grow and change. He’s not just a nameless enemy, the herald of destruction. He is a slave who gets to break the bonds from his master.

That’s one thing I (and my husband) did not like. Galactus. I was waiting, through this ominous looking cloud, for Galactus to appear. Not necessarily as we’ve known him from the comics; they update things in the movies. I was at least waiting for some kind of bipedal figure to materialize.

The Fantastic Four appear to have a future ahead of them. No one knows where Dr. Doom is. Silver Surfer’s fate is even left open. Maybe a third fantastic movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment