Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Witching Hour

Yesterday, I finished Anne Rice’s The Witching Hour. While reading, I found myself having to force myself to put the book down. Yes, there are definitely some disturbing scenes. The Witching Hour also has an erotic undertone… and overtone. I just think it is an interesting story; that someone/something could see into the future and create their own vessel in which to become flesh on earth.

The only problem I had with this novel is the length. It’s over a thousand pages. So if you decide to pick up this novel, it is a commitment. I can usually read a three to four hundred page novel in about two weeks, usually less. This one has taken me about a month. Towards the end, I just wanted it to be over. The ending was definitely not a surprise. However, it did leave it open for the next two novels. What will happen to Michael, Rowan and Lasher? You have to keep reading to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment